We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Back on Board

Well, considering that last week was just as abysmal as the previous week, I still managed to lose 1.3 pounds.  I am still up 1.8 from two weeks ago, but I'll take  what I can get.  The loss (along with cleaning my kitchen and fridge) has helped motivate me to get back up, dust myself off, and "be good" again.  I picked out two Hungry Girl recipes and went grocery shopping last night.  This morning I had my usual cereal with a banana for breakfast.  The usual Sushi Thursday turned into Sushi Monday since I didn't have time to cook what I want to bring for lunch this week.  Yesterday I even went for a run.  I already feel much better.

It turns out, when I am not working out and eating well, I start to feel bad.  Like there is sludge in me.  Things that bother me REALLY start to bother me.  I sleep a lot.  It's good to know that I can manage the bad feelings better with a healthy lifestyle.  Even if weight loss isn't a goal, I have mood as a reminder to stay on course.  However, it does put a little pressure on.  Everyone has periods when it just doesn't happen, for whatever reason.

It's just never easy.

On the upside, I discovered that cheesy hot dogs are only 4 points a piece...and that seems worth it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment