We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Does the gloom equal doom?

Its amazing to me, how much harder it is to get out and exercise when the weather is all gloomy. Here in Minnesota, spring has lost its way and they are predicting snow for tonight. Its not even sunny out and my mood is reflecting the gloom. It just feels harder to get out and exercise when its cold, and gloomy and snow is on the way. It was a mixed weekend -- not so good on the eating front. I overate Friday night and Sunday night but had one good day on Saturday. I was able to get out and bike on Saturday and run on Sunday. Saturdays bike ride really was hard. It was 35 degrees out and 20+ mile an hour winds. It took me longer to ride 8.9 miles than it normally does for me to bike 12. Sigh .... at least I was out moving! It really wasnt surprising to be up after this weekend. Yesterdays bike ride was far more satisfying :) I made a new pace record, 4:04 average for 12 miles. That translates into 14.8 miles per hour-- wicked! The weather wasnt really fun to walk in today, so I skipped that. I hope I can do at least some wii fit later. Today, technically is one of my rest days -- so light exercise is fine. Its the getting back on track with eating thats the more challenging thing of the day. Megamom

No comments:

Post a Comment