We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

End of a Roll

Weigh in today was disappointing; the Wii said I was up .2 pounds.  Now I know that in the grand scheme of things, that's not really a lot.  It's more like I maintained than anything.  But I thought I did really well this week.  I ate well.  I worked out, although I didn't run at all.  I did two days of swimming 2000 yards, one day of belly dancing from a DVRd show called Shimmy, and one day of walking random hills on the treadmill.  Hopefully this week the weather will improve and I can get some running in.

I did accomplish both of my goals for the week, at least.  When my boyfriend and I went out he suggested either Mexican or sushi and I opted for sushi, which is by far fewer calories and fat.  And when we left, I felt satiated but not stuffed.  Later that night when he brought out the Girl Scout cookies, I only indulged in one!  And I logged it, too. 

Well, it's a new week and I'm going to try and not get down on myself about this.  I felt skinnier this week, so I think maybe this was a week I lost inches and just not pounds.  I'm going to focus on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment