We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Consistency

I have been able to work out really consistently this week and the scale is starting to show results! Woohoo! Counting today, I have worked out 4 days in a row. Saturday was a 3 mile run, Sunday 7.75 bike ride, Monday 5 mile run and today - 2.6 mile walk. I thought I would take today as a rest day and just do activities like walking or taking the kids to the park to keep my activity leval up. It worked out well to walk while my one son was in therapy and I could push the 2 yr old in the stroller. As long as the weather is nice, Im going to try to do that on a regular basis on Tuesdays. My evening schedule on Tuesdays is a bit tighter anyway and it takes the pressure off from trying to squeeze in a workout. I ran 20.9 miles in Feb, 15.4 in March and so far 15.3 in April. The weather definitely should help those totals :) I ran around 400 miles last year and didnt make my goal of running 500. Id love to hit that this year but with a slow start, Im not sure if its possible. Time will tell on that front. I biked 42.7 miles in March and so far in April, 39.5. Im still trying to figure out what a good biking goal would be. I thought bout 700 miles but that might just be pushing it out of the realm of reality :) Eating went well yesterday -- of course a good calorie burn from a long run helps! Weekdays are certainely easier than weekends for sure. Thats all for now folks Megamom

No comments:

Post a Comment