We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

I might just be crazy or maybe its just dedication

I knew that my schedule today really wouldnt lend itself to running this evening. So I planned a short two mile run over hubby's lunch hour. I knew that would really be my only time to get in some exercise today and I wanted to keep my workout streak going. So as my husband arrived home -- the rain/sleet mix started. It wasnt enough to have 38 degree temps(esp after hitting 70 earlier this week). It wasnt enough to have grey, gloomy overcast sky. Nooo ... it has to sleet!!! I suited up, grabbed my gloves that havent been used in a month now and headed out. This is when I thought I might just be crazy or dedicated. Im not sure which :) My husband is leaning toward crazy. He thought that, last november, when I tried to get to a race in a snowstorm. Oh well ... crazy just makes life more fun! I made great time, 2 miles in 21:12, 10:36 pace. Some of that might have been the sleet pelting on my cheek. I also knew that I only planned to go two miles , so I could push it a bit as well. My heartrate averaged 151 as well. So a great run! It was well worth enduring the cold sleety rain to get out there! Thats all for now folks Megamom

No comments:

Post a Comment