We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend recap

I had company from out of town this weekend, so I was unsure how it would go. Typically, its eat more than I should and not really be able to get in some exercise. It was a mixed result. The good news is I got a run in on Saturday and a bike ride in on Sunday. The bad news is I did overeat on Saturday and Sunday. This morning though brought a maintaining result. I was thankful for that! I was able to make some good choices at mealtimes to not have seconds but it was particularly difficult not to eat that 2nd grilled burger~!

Im still pondering my exercise routine. I know for sure I want to work out 5 days out of the week. I think one rest day is in order -- perhaps depending on how my muscles handle it -- maybe two. I like the flexibility of two, with a large family, my schedule has to be somewhat fluid. So even if I do two rest days, they arent likely to be on the same timeframe each week.

My run on Saturday averaged out to a 10:53 pace. I love having spring here finally -- its soo much easier to run in nicer weather. My bike ride on Sunday was going along splendidly; the first segment averaged 3:45 pace~! I was very excited and thought I might make a new record. Then I turned the corner .... into full frontal wind. Im not sure how fast it was but with the open Minnesota fields it was strong!I ended up averaging 4:57 for nearly 8 miles.

Today I plan to run 3 miles. I might cut it to two if my legs protest too much. Sometimes its easy to get caught up in the idea of wanting more and more miles. Too far, too fast is the way most runners get injured. So I have to take it slowly as I increase. Thats all for now folks Megamom

No comments:

Post a Comment