We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

11 am

I've discovered over the years that I am at my lightest at 11 in the morning, assuming I don't eat something at 10:45.  I don't know how I could weigh less than when I first roll out of bed.  I suspect that there's some kind of "heavy" hormone that kicks in when you're asleep that explains why it's so hard to get out of bed; you can't because you're so heavy!  Today I did my daily Wii weigh in aafter I brushed my teeth and I was up .4.  Not a huge deal, but of course I want every day to be lower than the day previous.  I am working from home today and decided to do forgo breakfast for awhile and wait to weigh in again at 11.  Sure enough, I was down nearly a full pound from the morning number, which means really I am down around a half pound from yesterday.  I ate really well yesterday so seeing the numbers decrease is preferrable.  Actually, seeing the scale go down on bad eating days is even more preferrable albeit unreasonable.

I've been on an egg kick lately.  Mostly scrambled eggs.  You'd think that one egg would be sufficient, but sometimes two eggs doesn't feel like enough although now I make myself stop at two.  This morning I added a little bit of reduced fat cheese and two Morning Star Farms sausage links and a light English muffin with strawberry jam.  That was well worth waiting for.

Today is supposed to be my rest day from working out.  I walked random hills on the treadmill yesterday.  Still gotta figure out how to work on training to speed up my pace...

No comments:

Post a Comment