We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

thursday

Im feeling a bit discouraged today . Even though I ate well on the calorie front yesterday, my weight was up this morning. I havent been able to get a workout in all week and today looks no more promising. Cranky sick kids are starting to wear on my nerves. Its harder to still be compassionate on day 3 of illness. Im just plugging away at the housework. So that seems to be under control. I find if I stay busy(less sitting around), the better I am able to manage my eating. Although, Im pretty tired today, a nap was very tempting. The research people just came out with a study proving what I already knew. You eat more when you are tired. Really! They say that you eat on average 300 more calories a day. I can tell you for a fact, that when Im tired and not eating well, its far more than that! The research people though did not tell me how to combat this problem. Getting more sleep when you are a mother of young children -- well its very often out of my control. MegaMom

No comments:

Post a Comment