We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Eating Out

A couple friends and I went out for sushi last night.  It was happy hour sushi, so it was cheap.  We ordered...a lot.  Probably the majority of what I ate was healthy, although there was a little bit of tempura and I did have one alcoholic beverage.  I was up a little bit this morning when I weighed in, but since tomorrow is the official weigh in, I am hoping it will be gone and then some!

It's hard to eat out and "be good."  I am not satisfied eating salad or chicken breast when I am at a restaurant.  I want things that I wouldn't ordinarily make for myself.  I love mashed potatoes.  Alfredo sauce.  Sour cream.  Limitless tortilla chips and bread baskets.  I am not to the point yet where I can take one piece of bread from the basket and then feel satisfied with that.

This week wasn't too bad with the soda.  I've made it through without indulging, although there were times when I felt like caving.  I don't know that I want to become a soda tetotaler; this week I needed to detox a bit since I'd been drinking a lot of soda.

I did manager to squeeze in a weak 10 minute long strength routine.  Definitely need to improve that next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment