We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Phew!

I wasn't sure how the weigh in was going to go today.  I've felt thinner this week, but I don't know that my clothes have fit any differently.  I ate well and worked out a lot, but yesterday was another work event and I had a Mike's Hard Lemonade and some tostada chips and artichoke dip.  But, there were several days when I didn't eat all my daily points, let alone my extra weekly points, or my activity points.  Sometimes not eating enough can cause just as much trouble on the scale.  But, I was happy to see another 2.2 pound loss!

I accomplished my weekly goals: I swam on Monday night and then last night I swam again, but twice the distance that I've been swimming.  I swam 22 laps (50 yards/lap), took a 15 minute hot tub break, and then swam the next 18 laps for a total of 2000 yards!  And I didn't have a night time snack every night this week, but when I did, I had fruit.  The interesting thing is, a couple times I got to that 9 or 10 pm time when I start to think about a snack and I would remember I needed to have fruit and I wouldn't really want fruit so I would skip the snack altogether, which I think is telling.  I obviously wasn't all that hungry so why consume calories?  However, I those were nights that I didn't eat all my points then, which then I worry about not eating enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment