We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Faster, Faster!

To accomplish the week's goal of working on picking up my running pace, and being too lazy to look up any official plans, I decided last night that I would simply run faster during the song choruses than the verses and see how that looked.  Trust me, I could definitely tell that I was working harder.  I had side stitches on my right side, which reminded me of having to run the mile (four times around the block) in elementary school and I was breathing much harder.  Today, my thighs are a little sore from the run.  However, my overall pace went from 11'04" to 10'52", so I think it was worth it.  Of course I'll have to keep doing it and/or see what happens when I am not doing that.  Will my pace continue to improve anyway?

Today was sushi day.  Nothing says St. Patrick's Day like sushi!

Tomorrow is our beer bash at work....gotta limit myself since it's the day before weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment