We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Knitter's Intro

Well, if she's Megamom, I guess that makes me The Knitter. I am not married or have any kids, although I have an adorable boyfriend and very large cat. I commute every day into Seattle and work in the online advertising world. I am surrounded by attractive, thin, younger women all day long and that's sometimes frustrating...I say, as I grab another soda.... A lot of my interests and hobbies aren't very athletic: knitting, writing, playing piano, reading and are difficult to merge with anything that burns calories. I started what I like to call Weightloss Reboot, last May and everything was going pretty well until December. Then it all fell apart with the holidays and vacations and general winter lethargy.I'd lost a little over 30 pounds and am now back up at least 10. I'm not too happy about it. My exercise of choice is generally running, although I do like step aerobics and walking. I struggle with resistance training...I had a Biggest Loser Wii game....and I used it so infrequently that I gave it to Megamom. Now I have an EA Sports Wii game that I like better. I just need to use it! I'd really like to be wearing the clothes I was wearing six years ago when I lost a bunch of weight, by this summer. That's about 20 pounds or so. That's the first goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment