We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekends are hard

When I was heavier, I had more calories I could eat and still lose weight. So if I overate on the weekend, I often could redeem myself during the week and still be down when Friday rolled around. Now that my calorie count is much lower, I cant do that and still lose it during the week. Part of the problem is I havent completely fixed those overeating habits especially on the weekends. All my kids and husband are home and its just generally more relaxed. Im not doing as much cleaning and laundry and sitting around makes me want to eat more. Plus thats often when grocery shopping or other errands gets done, thus more opportunity to eat out. I simply didnt make good choices. I knew friday would be blown with the fish fry, so I wasnt worried too much bout that. Most of Saturday, I did really well. Then I had an opportunity to eat at my favorite mexican place -- game over! I chose water over a strawberry daiquiri and fresh raspberries after shopping instead of ice cream. Still ... its not easy. Add to the mix, that I have some serious stressors going on with one of my children, in addition to the special needs I already deal with. I didnt connect it as I was doing it, but im pretty sure I was just eating to combat the stress I was feeling. I just wanted to sit on Sunday and do my thing and forget everything else. Its a good thing though that monday morning rolls around every week. Its a fresh start and although I am exhausted(darn time change), I want to make good choices. When I weighed in this weekend, I was 1.2 up from Fridays weight. Not as bad, as I feared it might be. So Im going to use that little boost from not being as bad as I expected to jumpstart my week! I hope to run today but as always life dictates often what I get to do. I need to check in my with kiddos, find out whose coming home and whats planned. Then I can figure out if its a treadmill day or an outside day. Thats all for now folks, Megamom

No comments:

Post a Comment