We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Back on Track

My husband and I got a mini getaway (27 hrs , not that I was counting or anything) and I got a full nights sleep!!! That was soo heavenly. Its been very stressful around here lately with sick kids, water in the basement and normal day to day activities. So a getaway was very much needed. I decided ahead of time that I wasnt going to count calories -- I really needed the break. So I just enjoyed myself including a yummy strawberry daiquri. We ate at a lovely cafe up North in Minnesota that was absolutely delicious. I knew this decision would mean that I would have to work out harder this coming week. I was okay with that. I think these very occasional pit stops are what keeps me going . It allows me to not fall into weeks of overeating. It was a deliberate break for me. I really needed the chance to decompress with my husband. It was a delightful trip even if 10-12 hrs of it was driving! So Im up 1.1 lbs today -- less than I expected. I was somewhat surprised that I was able to fall back into my normal eating patterns without much trouble. So Im back on track, calorie wise today. And I managed to get an 8.15 mile bike ride in as well, so Im back on track exercise wise too!!!! Its spring break this week, that should allow me some freedom in getting a workout in. I will likely need it with all 10 children home. :) Megamom

No comments:

Post a Comment