We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend recap

The weekend was busy, so I didnt have much time to write. This is the part of life that makes eating well and exercising more challenging. My husband and I spent much of the weekend looking for a reasonably priced used car -- not much luck. Errands, sick child, household duties took up much of the rest of the weekend. I did get a run in on Friday. I learned an important lesson -- if you intend to ease back into running full time, do not invite your cross country running son along. He ran slow and I was pushing hard just to stay with in a tenth of a mile of him. Hes a regular speed demon! The run itself was okay -- I was running I think too hard for the conditions. I hadnt run for a week, it was cold out and I started out too fast. That kept my heart rate pretty high. Plus I was running in new shoes -- probably not the smartest run I have ever done. I was successful over the weekend on cutting down my coffee consumption -- woot! So the real challenge there will be this week. I often use the coffee as a substitute when I want to eat. Probably not so helpful as I make mine more of a dessert coffee with lots of flavored creamer. Oh well ... baby steps! Eating on the other hand was not so good. Friday, I did great during the day. In the evenings, I allowed a box of tagalongs to sidetrack me. The good news on that front, is that I no longer have any flavors left that i want to eat. On to Saturday, I knew we would be out and about that day, so I took along some beef sticks for snack. I did okay at burger king -- I knew which meal I could get that would allow me some fast food taste but not overdo the calories. It was later in the day, that I allowed my desires to overtake common sense. We stopped for a snack at culvers. I know, first mistake. Then I allowed my husband to order fries, and cheese curds to share with my daughter and me. Mistake number two has just been committed. I love culvers fries and cheese curds(after all I was born in Wisconsin). If that wasnt bad enough, i ordered a turtle sundae to go. Can anyone say gluttony? Sigh ... it just all tastes so good. Somewhere along the line, my off switch must have broken. I did redeem the night with a relatively healthy sandwich. I had some deli turkey on a ciabetta roll with red peppers and baby spinach. That was tasty. I like vegetables and I like healthy food -- why is is so difficult at a restaurant to choose those options? Sunday -- I had hoped to run or try out my new bike but it started snowing. So that coupled with life busyness, I didnt get either down. Snacking while reading was the downfall of that day. I am starting to see the patterns and triggers. So now the next step will be figuring out how to undue those triggers. Megamom

No comments:

Post a Comment