We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Moderation

As I sat in church today, I began to think about what to have for lunch.  Taco Bell sounded really good.  Usually when I go there, I order the meal deal #5: two chicken supreme gorditos, a beef crunchy taco, and an unusually large Mountain Dew.  I knew that that would be way too many Points and it would be too much food anyway.  I tried to talk myself into just eating at home, but I haven't had fast food in several weeks and really wanted some.  So, I decided to compromise.  Instead of ordering a meal deal, I ordered two of the gorditos and a medium Mountain Dew.  I wasn't sure how many ounces of soda that was, so when I got home I weighed it and it is actually fewer than if I bought a bottle of soda.  The order satiated my desire for fast food and while it was still a lot of Points (21 out of my allotted 29 for the day), I hadn't had breakfast and it was late enough in the day that I am pretty sure that so long as I keep myself busy and distracted, I won't be hungry until dinner time.

I bought an herb garden kit at Target yesterday.  I've always wanted to grow the common herbs like parsley and cilantro and experiment with cooking with them.  It's kind of expensive to buy some of them fresh in the grocery store and I never seem to use all of it before it goes bad.  I don't know how long it will take to grow enough to use....

No comments:

Post a Comment