We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day Off

Well, it's Tuesday.  Since I have my piano lesson on Tuesdays, I declare it my day off from working out.  Since I've worked out three days in a row, I think it's reasonable.  Last night I really wanted to get in one of my goal swims for the week, but I had a half hour to kill before the lap lanes opened, so I walked on the treadmill, random inclines, for 25 minutes.  Then I swam for 30 minutes.  I was definitely ready for bed last night.  I got home later than usual, so dinner was a warmed up lean burger and some salad and cottage cheese.  I also had strawberries for snack later, as my weekly eating goal dictates.  Safeway had a good sale on strawberries, so it's easy.  :)

I'm forcing myself to drink more water this week, too.  I start out by drinking a bottle of water on my way to work.  That also helps to curb the temptation to stop and get soda.  That temptation is much less now.  I still look forward to it on the weekend, but I notice now that I plan a bit better.  Like, I'll stop and think, "Do I want it now, when it's 1 pm?  Or would I rather wait and save it for while I watch a movie tonight?"  It was also satisfying on Sunday when I realized that the soda from Taco Bell was actually less soda than the bottle that I usually get.  I had that moment of, Hey I could get a can to make up the difference and then later it settled into, Hey, this amount was fine.  Small victories!

No comments:

Post a Comment