We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day Two

I'm sore from running yesterday. Maybe I am sore from being sodaless yesterday! I'm feeling quite lazy today. I really should do some kind of workout...I have a bunch of recorded Shimmy episodes, which are belly dancingesque workouts. I might have it in me to do one of those. Does that count as a strength training? Then I would have it out of the way for the week! I still need to make my lunch for the week. I plan on making an Indian vegetable stew from the Discovery Health National Body Challenge website. Several years ago I had really good success with them, mostly because they'd had a kickoff at a local mall and gave out food diaries and other freebies. Although with Weight Watchers I'd used food journals, too, I really preferred the Discovery one. Now, I use the Weight Watchers app on my ipod touch. I think tomorrow I am going to blog about all the techie gadgets I have for weight loss. It's pretty amazing, especially since it's not like I need them! PS: Went to the pool and swam laps for 30 minutes. Swam 20 laps, each lap being 50 yards, so a little over a half mile. A good place to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment