We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring break begins

I look forward and dread Spring break at the same time. We usually dont go anywhere but its a chance to unwind and be a little less busy. Its nice to not have to get up as early in the morning, a little bit more relaxed morning of chores and some time to hang out with my kids. On the opposite hand is everyone is home! So its crazy, loud and chaotic. So and so is heading off to this friends house, the other one needs a ride to practice or work and the list goes on. One nice thing with my bigger kids home, its easier to get out and do a run or bike ride. With how crazy its been here today -- I was more than happy to burn off some stress on a run! I havent managed a run in almost two weeks -- so I purposed to take it a bit slower. I ended up with an 11:25 average pace for 3 miles. Its was 40 and sunny - a welcome change. Last week it was cold, snowy and icy. So two workouts in for the week -- woot. I did okay on the eating front yesterday til the taco monster got me. Even still, I was down a little over half a pound this morning. Thats all for now folks Megamom

No comments:

Post a Comment