We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Friday, March 18, 2011

New Shoes

Last night I bought new running shoes.  I'd had my old shoes for about a year, so while they look fine and don't feel all that bad, I figure a year of fairly consistent running probably had worn them down.  I had hoped to run at Greenlake tonight, but alas, it was raining.  I don't enjoy running in the rain in general, and carting the pager Iphone for work around with me complicates running on even a good weather night.  So, I figured it wouldn't hurt to ease the shoes in a bit at the gym anyway. 

They felt pretty good.  There was no magical "ahhhh" feeling when I ran in them.  I had hoped that suddenly I would be able to run at a 9'00" pace for an hour at a time.  But maybe that will happen later.  :)  I am not crazy about the color; there's too much orange on it for my liking.  But they feel good, so that's what really matters.  I like my running shoes to fit really close; I don't want it to feel loose anywhere.  I tried on around six pairs before I settled on my Brookes Defyance4s.  Last year's shoes were also Brookes, coincidentally.  It hurts a bit, paying $100 for a pair of shoes, but it's worth it in the end.

I am happy to report that the beer bash was successful in that I didn't overeat: one beer, a bit of Irish soda bread, a tiny bit of brisket, and a cinnamon roll-like thing called a T-roll (or something).

Weigh in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment