We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stress and Soda

Today's the first day since I took my vow of soda celibacy (just for this week!) that I wouldn't mind having some soda.  It's been a hectic, stressful day for several reasons.  This is what lets me know that I am indeed a "stress eater."  When I am not stressed out, and I contemplate my eating habits, I think oh maybe I am just one of those people who genuinely loves the taste of certain terrible-for-you foods.  And I think that might be a smidge correct, but it doesn't explain the container of Oreos I bought and consumed a year ago when I got broken up with.  Or the amount of soda I drank at Christmas time.  Or how I bought steak after a four hour long commute home from work once, in the snow, that should have taken 30 minutes.  I am definitely a stress eater.  This week is stressful; a year ago my mom passed away.  That and other things have made this week complicated and right now a Mountain Dew in hand would be glorious.

For the 15 minutes it took to down it.  I'm sure.

So, instead of giving in, I have poured some coffee and dumped in sugar free hot chocolate mix.  Not at all the same thing as Mountain Dew.  But, it gives my hand something to hold.  Sure, I probably should be drinking water.  Baby steps, baby steps.

Yesterday was my day off from working out.  I was going to run again tonight but it's raining (hard, too, for Seattle) so I think I'll do the strength training that I vowed to do at least once this week.  Hopefully tomorrow the weather will improve and then I will take Friday of and weigh in on Saturday like usual.  If the Wii isn't lying, I am already over a pound down for the week.  Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment