We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Choices

This afternoon I was craving something sweet.  And I wanted some Starbucks coffee.  I decided to "splurge" on Points there.  I got a tall, skinny caramel latte (2 Points) and then spied their tiny, delicious looking cupcakes.  It's tiny....and stll 5 Points!  But I think it will do just the trick with satisfying the sweetness I craved.  It reminds me that it's okay to splurge sometimes.  Eating fastfood 5 nights our of 7 isn't splurging!

So far, still haven't had any soda this week.  It hasn't been unbearable.  Today I kinda wanted one again, so that's why I went for coffee. 

I still need to fit in my strength training.  Maybe tomorrow between end of work and the next activity...or if it's slow, sneak out during work briefly.  Technically I reached my 3 cardio workouts on Monday...but I really want to burn off some of this stress with a run.  It's super windy today so  I don't know what that's going to mean for the pace.  I meant to do my strength training last night after dinner, and then I fell asleep.  Woops!

When I weighed in on the Wii today, I hadn't gained or lost.  Hmph!

No comments:

Post a Comment