We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Hour?

Shouldn't call it that, since that many calories available to me doesn't make me happy.  We're having a happy hour tongiht for work, this time at an actual bar.  Now, I now I have option.  I could just not go.  Well, that's not fun.  I could go and drink diet soda.  Again, not fun.  I could go and indulge with wild abandon.  Fun, but not great for the scale.  So moderation will be the key tonight.  I am not worried about the alcohol - having to drive myself home and just a general lack of enjoying being intoxicated will deter me from overdrinking.  But let's look at the food choices availabe at this establishment, shall we?

HUMMUS:A delectable blend of garbanzo beans, tahini, garlic, lemon and parsley. Served with tomato, cucumber, red onion, kalamata olives and warm pita wedges.

DUBLIN BRIE:  Brie cheese, beer-battered and fried ‘till crisp and melted. Served with fruit and brown bread.

SMOKED SALMON PLATTER: Alder smoked Salmon, arranged with cucumbers, cream cheese, red onions, capers, and our Irish Brown Bread for your enjoyment. 

CHICKEN STRIPS:Tender breaded fried chicken strips, served with ranch dressing.

PEASANT BREAD AND CHEESE PLATTER:A selection of assorted fine cheeses and artesian bread, served with balsamic vinaigrette for dipping.

HAND CUT FRENCH FRIES: Double-fried until crisp yet tender. Mildly seasoned and served with tartar.

The hummus plate actually might not be too bad.  Nor the salmon platter.  The bread and cheese platter is questionable.  The other two - probably not good at all.  And these are just the appetizers.  Who knows what kind of happy hour foods they have that aren't on this list! 

I would like to work out tonight...but I don't know if it will work out.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment