We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hoping

I was down 1.1 pounds this morning, which Im hoping is that downward trend that Im seeking. This puts me back to the weight I was on weigh in day last friday. Woot -- the weekend of not eating well is officially undone! I have been sucessful at only drinking 3 cups of coffee a day. Sometimes I still crave that extra cup in the mornings but Im trying to fill that void with drinking more water. The other trick that has been helping is eating those planned snacks. Midmorning I usually have smokehouse almonds and in the afternoon a yoplait light yoguart. I have been trying the various flavors. I like banana cream pie and cherry cobbler but do not like lemon meringue or cinnamon roll. And then in the evening having popcorn or another yogart. The bike ride yesterday was fabulous. I went 5.25 miles at 5:35 pace. The back gravel roads were not quite as ready for bike riding as I thought. So I had to go slower there in order not to wipeout. I am absolutely loving my new bike and cant wait to try some longer trips. It was 38 degrees when I biked yesterday and with the wind, I was glad I thought ahead to grab a scarf. Layered up, I was actually pretty warm. The only part that was cold was my ears. The fleece hat, that I had on under the helmet rode up a bit. So I think next time, I'll add a fleece band in addition to the hat. The ride though does make me long for spring! As far as my other goal, to run 3 times a week -- I have hit 2 runs so far. Today will either be a run or some strength training on the wii fit. Im aiming for 3 miles for this run and then hopefully a longer 5 miler on the weekend. I realized as I was riding yesterday, that I have one more gadget :) I have a bike computer thats hooked up to the bike,t hat measure distance, pace and time. I just got it, so i havent had much time to figure out how it works. So yesterday I relied on my garmin, which has a biking feature as well. On the running ahead site that I use, it has a place where you can input your shoe as equipement you use. So when I got my new pair, I entered in the price and all the stats. It calculates how much the shoe costs per mile. Since I have run twice and biked once, the cost has gone down to 4.50 a mile. Its kinda neat to see that statistic. As i use them more, the cost will go down further. I believe the last pair of shoes, I got down to costing 16 cents per mile. I think I got my money's worth out of those! Megamom

No comments:

Post a Comment