We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Slip ups

One of the challenges that I find myself dealing with is combating failures in the diet realm. Im not dieting per se, but just trying to watch what i eat and how much. My caloric goal, in order to lose 1 lb a week, is 1763. Those calories almost seem to eat themselves up. When I orginally started counting calories, it was over 2000 that was alloted to me. This number has proved a bit more elusive to hit. Im finding sucess with the planned snacks and eating a bit more at each meal. Prior to this, I'd skip the bread of the sandwich, or have a lo cal soup. They would fill me up for the meal but Id find myself hungry all day long. It just wasnt sustainable fore me. Then once I know my calories are blown for the day, its free reign. It isnt a pretty sight. Yesterday I ate over my calories but it was different in that it didnt take me overboard. Yes, I ate more than I was supposed to but I didnt take it to the extreme. I had onion rings at dairy queen but I didnt order cheese curds to go with it. Its all in the small victories for me. I enjoyed a blizzard but I made it a mini one and that satisfied me. All in all, I was 172 over for the day -- not great but certainely not terrible. I like fast food -- there I admit it. I realize its terrible for me. Im not at the point that im ready to give that up. In the meantime -- I look at nuitrition menus and note the calorie count im eating ahead of time. Thats what helped me chose a fish sandwich yesterday over something else. Even with that last night, I was still down .7 this morning -- woot! That shows me Im on the right track even with a few hiccups along the way. My plan for exercise today is to run a mile as fast as i can on the treadmill and then do some rhythm boxing and strength training on the wii fit. I am trying to figure out how to get in a longer run tommorrow as its our town fish fry :) Thats all for now folks, Megamom

No comments:

Post a Comment