We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The shop vac workout

I have been missing in action this week due to a water deluge in our basement-- our finished basement. Sigh. So a lot of time has been dealing with trying to get the water sucked up with the shop vac and the floor dried with big fans. Its tough to workout when the room in which your treadmill and wii are is sopping wet. Lets just say the weather in Minnesota has not been kind this week( 8+ inches and ice underneath), so workout outside hasnt been happening. So , in reality, the only workout I have been getting has been the shop vac workout. That thing is heavy to move when its full of water, so Im sore as well! Add to that 3 sick kids with fever, cough and congestion and its really been quite a week. Here is where I remind myself -- its okay. I will have days or weeks like this where the workouts are just not happening. It doesnt mean that I should reach for the cookie or cake. I actually have been doing well in the eating departmen -- too busy to eat a ton anyway lol. So Im pleased that I have not responded to the stress by eating my life away. I miss my workouts though and really could use a run. This too shall pass. Its also a good reminder that you can still lose weight just by eating right. The workouts with the eating right is a much better route but not the only way. Megamom

No comments:

Post a Comment