We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Week Two

So Week 1 was pretty successful.  It's a good way to start.  :)

I had one soda on each of the weekend days.  It was delicious.  Although, I think last night it kept me awake later than I'd have liked.  I had it kind of late and having the diminished amount throughout the week re-sensitized me to it.  I am thinking about having a diet soda this afternoon, although I am grappling with the idea.  More and more studies are coming out that diet soda is maybe worse for you than regular soda, just in different ways.  And, I like the idea of saving soda for the weekend or "special occassions."  I do have some Crystal Light at work now, so maybe I will make some of that.

I packed some cauliflower and dip for my daily goal of an afternoon vegetable snack.

Yesterday afternoon I was at a little soiree where there was a ton of delicious food (7 layer taco dip - a tempation of mine).  I managed to take quite a few vegetables although I suspect that the dip I took was in no way low fat.  I skipped the cake (only because it was German chocolate, which I don't like) but had two chocolate chip cookies.  And wine.  Four glasses of wine.  Wine is at least moderately better for you than soda.  It's so hard to be good at parties.  It's hard to be social at all when you're trying to control what you're eating.  No wonder why people claim to lose friends when they're dieting.

1 comment:

  1. Why do you suppose that is (that people lose friends when dieting)? It's really sort of frustrating. We would never fault an alcoholic friend for not going to the bar and we would never put them in front of tons of alcohol, but we do the same with our friends all the time when it comes to junk food and food addictions. It's crazy. You don't have to eat or drink junk to be social. People who guilt you into it aren't looking out for your best interests and aren't really acting like a friend.

    ReplyDelete