We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

This Isn't So Bad

I went for a run at Greenlake last night. It was chilly, but doable. I'd been doing about two miles, so I increased it to two and a half. I was certainly ready to be done by the end, but I wasn't in pain. My pace was 11'04", which isn't so bad for me. I have short legs! I think my best time at the end of last summer was around 10'50", so I have a bit to go to catch up with that. I've also been working on not trying to hoard Points. In the past, I've prepared low Points breakfasts and lunches as a "just in case" for dinner. And then I would have a lot left for the evening and either not eat them all, or get carried away trying to eat them. So now I am trying to make each meal a little more equal, unless I know I'm eating out for dinner or something, and leave room for some snacks. It's a challenge. So far, I haven't had any soda! It hasn't even been too much of a temptation, so far. A little more at work, but not terrible. I've discovered that I really need to have something in my stomach if I drink tea, otherwise I feel nautious. It's weird. Annoying. A gallon of Mountain Dew isn't problematic, but a little mug of tea is just too much. Grr.

No comments:

Post a Comment