We are two ladies, born 14 hours apart, now living 1600 miles apart, both struggling with weight loss. The Knitter lives a fairly tech-savvy lifestyle full of apps and gadgets. Megamom lives a more rural lifestyle, full of lakes and trails. Both of us have lots of distractions: Megamom has 10 kids! The Knitter has...a very large cat. Both of us can make a long list of things that keep us from eating well and working out, but we both want to change that - with the unique tools that each of us has.

We're not competitive at all. No. Not us. At all.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Finding the time

Over the past year and a half, Ive been on a journey. It was time for this journey, after years of putting myself 3rd, 4th or even 10th on the list of things to attend to. It was hard, I felt guilty, skipping the laundry or dishes in order to workout. I felt guilty, buying some specific foods just for me and not for the kids. I had to push those feelings aside and realize that I am worth it. I still have to repeat that phrase when the guilt comes up over things. Even knowing that Im worth the time, its still a balancing act. I am blessed to be a stay at home mom, so that gives me a little more leeway in my workout times. I can often use the treadmill or wii fit in the afternoons when my youngest is sleeping. Running outside is a bit more challanging but i have some awesome teenagers who are great with the littles. Its the little things, like planning out my day ahead of time that make it possible. For example, if I know I want to run after school, I need to prep or have supper made ahead of time. Last evening, neither of my two eldest children were home, so I wasnt able to run right after school. I acquisced and figured after supper I would use the treadmill. After running one of my daughters to her girl scout meeting, I was delighted to find it still very much light out. I quickly grabbed my layers and gear and got out the door! I managed to get three miles in and still get back in time to pick up my daughter. So while Im tired, I am loving the later light in the evenings. Today is full of busyness, so I think it will end up just being a rest day. I needed to prep supper and work on planning a girl scout meeting, so not alot of time for a workout. I could have put off laundry and dishes but there is only so many days of doing that. Im sure the kids wouldnt appreciate going to school naked! Eating yesterday was a bit tougher. I tend to overeat when Im tired and yesterday fell right into that category. Im thankful I had a run to even it out and ended up weight wise exactly the same this morning. Megamom

No comments:

Post a Comment